Saturday, July 9, 2011

Checkout Hoggers.


I was standing at the till this morning, wondering why the frail elderly gentleman in front of me was continuing to chat to the cashier when I could see he had his carrier bags filled with shopping so he therefore should've been on his merry way. He was holding up the queue (me!) for what seemed like an eternity, when suddenly his equally doddery wife arrived carrying three more items. I heaved a sigh of relief at the thought of finally being able to move forwards, when incredibly she shuffled off again to locate the remainder of the shopping on their list! Had I known I was going to be hanging about all that time I'd have carried my already-unloaded items over to the next conveyer belt, but without my crystal ball I had no way of knowing that these irritating OAPs were going to hog the till without a single thought for those unfortunate enough to be behind them, many of whom probably have better things to do with their day. Some people really do need a lesson in supermarket ettiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment